Other Professional Org
“The American Alliance of Museums’ (AAM) mission is to champion museums and nurture excellence in partnership with our members and allies. Since 1906 the Alliance has been a leader in developing best practices and advocating for museums, as well as providing a host of opportunities to museum staff and volunteers. More than 35,000 individual museum professionals and volunteers, institutions, and corporate partners benefit from the work of the Alliance.”
Creative Aging Focus:
The Alliance is collaborating with Aroha Philanthropies and Lifetime Arts to usher a museum cohort through their creative aging program, Seeding Vitality Arts in Museums. Twenty museums are participating and you can follow their stories on the Alliance’s Ad Summa blog, which aims for the highest and best exploration of arts and aging, with a focus on museum practice.
- Digital Gold: Queering Flat Spaces
- From In-Person to Virtual Programs: A Case Study of Challenges & Successes
- How Creative Aging Programs Are Carrying On Through COVID-19
- Museums and Creative Aging: A Healthful Partnership
- Museums can combat ageism with creative programming, report finds
- Point of View: Why Creative Aging? It’s More Than Personal—It’s Societal.
- Rebuilding Pathways: How DEAI and Creative Aging Intersect at the Speed Art Museum
- Seeding Vitality Arts at the Newark Museum
- Social Distancing Doesn’t Need to Equal Social Isolation for Older Adults